Thank you for your interest in the College Assistance Program. However, the application window is currently closed and will reopen on June 1st. New applications are accepted between June 1st through August 1st for the upcoming Fall, Spring and Summer terms. Servicemembers requesting to change the school identified on a previous application can submit updates on the "Change Application". If you have any questions, please call our office at 803-299-EDSC.
1. SCNG-CAP funds are available to all eligible South Carolina Army National Guard Soldiers on a first come/first serve basis. I understand that I may receive up to $4,500 per academic year and a cumulative total not to exceed $18,000. These amounts are subject to the availability of funds.
2.SCNG-CAP funds are available for Guard members in an active drilling status and coded as a satisfactory participant. Checking the boxes below confirms that I understand the following conditions:
I have completed Basic Combat Training (BCT) and Advanced Individual Training (AIT).
I am not currently flagged. If I am flagged during the semester, my eligibility will be suspended until the flag is removed.
My Expiration of Term of Service date cannot fall within the academic year SCNG-CAP funds are requested for. I must extend or reenlist or I will not be eligible for CAP funds
ROTC scholarship recipients are not eligible for SCNG-CAP funds.
SCNG-CAP funds may only be used at State public and independent institutions of learning whose major campus is headquartered in South Carolina.
SCNG-CAP funds are for coursework related to:
1. First two-year degree program or associate degree
2. First Bachelor’s degree
3. At least a one year educational program that leads to the first certificate or other recognized educational credential (e.g. Diploma)
4. Program of study that is structured not requiring a Bachelor’s degree for acceptance into the program leading to graduate degree
3. Guard Members with other 130 credit hours or a first Bachelor’s degree are not eligible for CAP funds. This includes credit hours attempted by the Soldier prior to enrolling in CAP.
4. SCNG-CAP funds can only be used at ONE academic institution per semester. If I transfer to another academic institution, it is my responsibility to notify the losing institution. A new application is required to determine continued CAP eligibility at the gaining institution.
5. SCNG-CAP applications must be submitted ANNUALLY to the Education Services Office (ESO). Applications will be accepted from June 1st to August 1st each academic year.
6. The ESO will process SCNG-CAP applications in the order received until exhaustion of available SCNG-CAP funds. Availability of SCNG-CAP funding determines the number of approved applications.
7. Approval by the SCARING ESO DOES NOT constitute the award of CAP funds. Soldiers must confirm eligibility with the home institution after notification is received from the ESO.
8. I understand that I must maintain all requirements for satisfactory academic progress towards degree completion as established by my academic institution.
9. I consent to the release of financial information pertaining to my student account and the release of grades and/or course completion status at the institution in which I am enrolled in and utilizing CAP funds to the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.
10. FOR OFFICERS ONLY – I understand that as a commissioned officer I will incur a 4 year Reserve Duty Service Obligation to the South Carolina Army National Guard after completion of the last course for which CAP funds are being used or I will be subject to recoupment of CAP funds.
Last Name (required)
Middle Initial (required)
First Name (required)
Last 4 SSN (required)
Select Rank (required)
Mailing Address (required)
Valid Email (required)
ETS Date (required)
Course Start Date (required)
Home Academic Institution
Aiken Technical CollegeAllen UniversityAnderson UniversityBenedict CollegeBob Jones UniversityCentral Carolina Technical CollegeCharleston Southern UniversityClaflin UniversityClemson UniversityCoastal Carolina UniversityCoker CollegeCollege of CharlestonColumbia CollegeColumbia International UniversityConverse CollegeDenmark Technical CollegeErskine CollegeFlorence-Darlington Technical CollegeFrancis Marion UniversityFurman UniversityGreenville Technical CollegeHorry-Georgetown Technical CollegeLander UniversityLimestone CollegeMedical University of South CarolinaMidlands Technical CollegeMorris CollegeNewberry CollegeNorth Greenville UniversityNortheastern Technical CollegeOrangeburg-Calhoun Technical CollegePiedmont Technical CollegePresbyterian CollegeSouth Carolina State UniversitySouth UniversitySouthern Wesleyan UniversitySpartanburg Community CollegeSpartanburg Methodist CollegeTechnical College of the LowcountryThe CitadelTri-County Technical CollegeTrident Technical CollegeUSC AikenUSC BeaufortUSC ColumbiaUSC LancasterUSC SalkehatchieUSC SumterUSC UnionUSC UpstateVoorhees CollegeWilliamsburg Technical CollegeWinthrop UniversityWofford CollegeYork Technical College
Aiken, SCAnderson, SCBeaufort, SCBluffton, SCCentral, SCCharleston, SCCheraw, SCClemson, SCClinton, SCColumbia, SCConway, SCDenmark, SCDue West, SCFlorence, SCGaffney, SCGreenville, SCGreenwood, SCHartsville, SCKingstree, SCLancaster, SCNewberry, SCOrangeburg, SCPendleton, SCRock Hill, SCSpartanburg, SCSumter, SCTigerville, SCUnion, SC
All 3 semestersFallSpringSummer
I understand and agree to the above conditions for the use of College Assistance Funds.
By typing your name below, you are signing this application electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this application. Fraudulent application are subject to recoupment and by signing this web application you confirm your responses are accurate. Changes to your eligibility resulting from administrative flagging actions, discharge, unsatisfactory academic progress, changing to ineligible institutions and/or accepting a ROTC scholarship can result in termination and possible recoupment.
Signature of Applicant
**ALL OTHER PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE CAP APPLICATION ARE NO LONGER VALID FOR USE***