1. CAP funds are available to all eligible South Carolina Air National Guard airmen on a first come/first serve basis. I understand that I may receive up to $9,000 per academic year and a cumulative total not to exceed $18,000. These amounts are subject to the availability of funds.
2. CAP funds are available for guard members in an active drilling status and coded as a satisfactory participant and have completed:
I have completed Basic Combat Training (BCT) and Advanced Individual Training (AIT).
I am not currently flagged. If I am flagged during the semester, my eligibility will be suspended until the flag is removed.
My Expiration of Term of Service date cannot fall within the academic year SCNG-CAP funds are requested for. I must extend or reenlist or I will not be eligible for CAP funds.
SCNG-CAP funds may only be used at State public and independent institutions of learning whose major campus is headquartered in South Carolina.
SCNG-CAP funds are for coursework related to:
1.At least a one-year educational program that leads to the first certificate or other recognized educational credential (e.g. diploma)
2.First two-year degree program or associates degree
3.First bachelor’s degree, or
4.Program of study that is structured not requiring a bachelor’s degree for acceptance into the program leading to graduate degree
5.CAP is limited to 130 credit hours of undergraduate credit or a first bachelor’s degree
6.Guard members with over 130 credit hours or a first bachelor’s degree are not eligible for CAP funds including credit hours attempted the airmen prior to enrolling in CAP.
7.CAP funds can be used at one academic institution per semester
3. Applications must be submitted annually to the Retention Office. Applications are only accepted from June 1st through August 1st each academic year.
4. Your application will be processed in the order received, until exhaustion of available CAP funds. The availability of CAP funds will determine the number of approved applications.
5. If I transfer mid-year to another institution then it is my responsibility to notify the losing institution. A new application is required for the new academic institution where I am transferring to in order to determine CAP eligibility.
6. I hereby consent to the release of financial information pertaining to my student account and the release of grades and/or course completion status at the institution in which I am enrolled in and utilizing CAP funds at to the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
7. I understand that I must maintain all requirements for satisfactory academic progress towards degree completion as established by my academic institution.
8. I understand that it is my responsibility to provide my institution with a copy of all my college transcripts from previous college enrollments.
9. I AGREE TO THE ABOVE CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF COLLEGE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FUNDS AS VERIFIED BY ENTERING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SIGNATURE BELOW
Last Name (required)
Middle Initial (required)
First Name (required)
Last 4 SSN (required)
ABAmnA1cSrASSgtTSgtMSgtSMSgtCMSgt2nd Lt1st LtCaptMajLt ColCol
Mailing Address (required)
Valid Email (required)
169th JFHQ169th FW169th MSG169th CES169th CS169th LRS169th FSS169th SFS169th MXG169th MXS169th AMXS169th MOF169th OG169th OSS169th FS245th ATCS169th CMPT169th MDG169th STUDENT FLIGHT
ETS Date (required)
Course Start Date (required)
Home Academic Institution
Aiken Technical CollegeAllen UniversityAnderson UniversityBenedict CollegeBob Jones UniversityCentral Carolina Technical CollegeCharleston Southern UniversityClaflin UniversityClemson UniversityCoastal Carolina UniversityCoker CollegeCollege of CharlestonColumbia CollegeColumbia International UniversityConverse CollegeDenmark Technical CollegeErskine CollegeFlorence-Darlington Technical CollegeFrancis Marion UniversityFurman UniversityGreenville Technical CollegeHorry-Georgetown Technical CollegeLander UniversityLimestone CollegeMedical University of South CarolinaMidlands Technical CollegeMorris CollegeNewberry CollegeNorth Greenville UniversityNortheastern Technical CollegeOrangeburg-Calhoun Technical CollegePiedmont Technical CollegePresbyterian CollegeSouth Carolina State UniversitySouth UniversitySouthern Wesleyan UniversitySpartanburg Community CollegeSpartanburg Methodist CollegeTechnical College of the LowcountryThe CitadelTri-County Technical CollegeTrident Technical CollegeUSC AikenUSC BeaufortUSC ColumbiaUSC LancasterUSC SalkehatchieUSC SumterUSC UnionUSC UpstateVoorhees CollegeWilliamsburg Technical CollegeWinthrop UniversityWofford CollegeYork Technical College
Aiken, SCAnderson, SCBeaufort, SCBluffton, SCCentral, SCCharleston, SCCheraw, SCClemson, SCClinton, SCColumbia, SCConway, SCDenmark, SCDue West, SCFlorence, SCGaffney, SCGreenville, SCGreenwood, SCHartsville, SCKingstree, SCLancaster, SCNewberry, SCOrangeburg, SCPendleton, SCRock Hill, SCSpartanburg, SCSumter, SCTigerville, SCUnion, SC
All 3 semestersFallSpringSummer
I understand and agree to the above conditions for the use of College Assistance Funds.
By typing your name below, you are signing this application electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this application. Fraudulent application are subject to recoupment and by signing this web application you confirm your responses are accurate. Changes to your eligibility resulting from administrative flagging actions, discharge, unsatisfactory academic progress and changing to ineligible institutions can result in termination and possible recoupment.
Signature of Applicant
**ALL OTHER PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE CAP APPLICATION ARE NO LONGER VALID FOR USE***